Free Visit or Consultation:
Set-up an appointment to come in for a free consultation on your project or to check out the studio. We can discuss your needs and what you are going for. I will also answer any of your questions and be more than happy to assist you any way that I can. You won’t be pressured into making any decisions while you are here.
Our Services are as Follows ($60/hr):
Students qualify for a discount rate of $55/hr.
- With our three individual tracking rooms (not including the control room), we can record your band together or separately. We have world class equipment and software that will allow you to to get great sounding tracks quickly and efficiently.
- With our large selection of software applications and plug-ins, we can do anything that is possible with current technology.
- We always recommend getting the best performance possible at the start. After that, we can help tighten up pitch and timing issues with a variety of the latest tools. We use the latest version of Melodyne for the best sounding and quickest pitch correction possible. Pro Tools, Logic and Sonar allow us to tighten up the timing in your tracks.
- We can deliver and convert audio to mp3′s, aiff, wav and various other formats.
- We specialize in audio editing for books on CD. We have been involved in multiple Books on CD projects including many of Steven Covey’s “7 Habits” series audio books.
- Because we own TDM versions (plug-ins that allow processing as we record) of all of our plug-ins, we can do a lot of mixing as we are tracking your project. However, we will still need additional time when you are finished recording and editing. The rest of the mixing is usually done on our own time but clients are definitely welcome to be present. This is the time that we spend polishing, balancing, and creatively turning your multiple recorded tracks into a great sounding song. It consists of adding dynamic processing, effects, panning, EQ, detailed automation and several mixing tricks.
- We have mixed hundreds of songs and can mix very quickly and efficiently since we can start from numerous templates that we have created. We have a large variety of great sounding plug-ins and our DM-3200 (Digital Mixerboard) can help us mix quickly.
- Mixing can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 or more hours depending on the complexity of the project. Songs that are a single instrument and a vocal will take the least amount of time, where projects with acoustic drum kits take at least 2 hours a song. If you are recording your full band with live drums, a minimum of 2 hours are required per song for mixing and 3 hours is recommended. We will not rush the mixing process to deliver crap–that just leaves both of us unhappy.
- We do mix other projects done outside of our studio. We prefer Pro Tools files, Logic or Garage Band files, OMF files, Cakewalk Bundle or CWP files. You can also export the individual tracks saved as broadcast wav files (please call us to get instruction on how to prepare these properly).
- Mastering is the process of adding the final touches to your final mix as a whole to make it sound its best on a variety of sound systems. It also involves proper CD programming to create a CD Master that can be sent out for replication or duplication.
- We master with Pro Tools, Wave Burner and CD Architect using high quality, mastering plug-ins.
- We can clean up audio by removing clicks, pops, unwanted constant noise such as buzzing, hums and other unwanted noise. We have the most modern software to do this. Contact us if you would like a free sample of a piece of your audio restored.
Original Music or Arrangements by Dave Zimmerman.
- Original music is produced by Dave Zimmerman a Media Music graduate from BYU. He has composed music for a variety of different applications and uses the latest synths and samples to get you that professional sound. Check out samples on the bottom of the Demos page. Rates for original music vary depending on the project. Generally, for an average composition, Dave’s rate is $300 dollars per song/composition plus $200 per 30 second duration of music (unless otherwise specified). When figuring duration of music, round up to the next 30 second marker. For example 0-30 seconds = 30 seconds, 31-60 seconds = 60 seconds and etc. Call or email for a more specific quote. Also call or email for a quote on arranging.
- We have the industry standard, Finale notation software. We can make professional sheet music for you delivered in Finale or PDF format. Music notation services are charged by the hour.